Here at BB&B we are always looking to hear new ideas, meet new people and create new opportunities so get in touch if you have something to say.
Exciting Volunteering Opportunities for 2018!
Exciting volunteering opportunities have arisen to join the team at Birth, Baby and Beyond!
Birth, Baby & Beyond is a children's Charity based in the heart of Glasgow that has grown rapidly in the last two years. We are thrilled to be able to offer 6 new volunteering opportunities based at our high street shop in the Partick area of Glasgow.
Birth, Baby and Beyond prides itself in helping families in need throughout Glasgow with essential baby and child items. Our high street store is our main hub and is a fast-paced environment always busy with customers, donations and general enquiries.
- Type of Organisation: Charity
- Location: Partick, Glasgow
- Volunteering Positions Available: Retail, Warehouse, Events
- Start Date: Immediate
- Hours: Minimum 6 hours a week
- Days: Weekdays/Saturdays (excluding Warehouse position)
Includes: assisting and advising customers, cash handling, answering the phone, maintaining shop stock/cleanliness, sorting through donations. Successful applicants should have some knowledge of baby/children's products but not compulsory as training will be given. Our BB&B shop gets very busy at different times during the day - a strong work ethic is essential.
Includes; Skills required: comfortable with lifting larger items, great organisational skills, able to take instruction from senior volunteer. Warehouse volunteers work alongside our trained warehouse volunteer. Successful candidate will spend 3-4 hours per week in our warehouse arranging donations and storing items safely and securely. All relevant training will be given.
Public Events Role
Includes; Skills required: confident, fun, friendly, outgoing personality. The ability to learn and educate public on all information relating to the charity. Strong work ethic with the ability to engage with public for 2-3 hours at a time. Own transport is preferred but not essential.
Public events volunteers will attend various events such as information days, donation drives, bucket collections and various fund-raising events. Dates of public events are arranged a minimum of 4 weeks in advance allowing all volunteers to undertake the relevant training and preparation meetings. Public events are busy and fast moving, a lively personality and passion for having your voice heard is a must!
Personal Specification for Retail and Public Events
- Successful Candidate should have experience in retail
- Previous work within a Charity is preferred but not essential
- Successful candidate should possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- There are lots of reasons people volunteer but here are a few we find are the most common!
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people. Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
To apply, please email CV and accompanying letter of application along with the role you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org
** PLEASE NOTE ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED **